Q. Why am I having rashes in vagina that are multiplying?

Dr. Shruti Kainth Kaushal
Published on Jan 22, 2019

My vagina has got these rashes that are not going away but seem to be multiplying. Some are like three close together and some are single. It does not hurt or itch, it only hurts after sex. None of my previous or current sexual partners have these rashes. The rashes are really small and some have a small whitish thing on top. It started about a month ago as one but has multiplied and I feel very insecure right now.

Dr. Shruti Kainth Kaushal

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Welcome to iclinq.com.

I understand your concern. These lesions of yours appear to be small papules (attachment removed to protect patient identity) probably can be due to some viral infection superimposed with a little bit of fungal infection. You should apply Candid B cream locally twice for seven days. Tablet Fluconazole 150 mg OD for six weeks. I think this should help you. You should use a vaginal wash to wash the vaginal area.

VDRL, slide examination from lesions.

Candid cream locally twice for seven days, tablet Fluconazole 150 mg OD weekly for six weeks.

Vaginal wash to wash vaginal area. Use barrier contraceptive.

| 

Can I use coconut oil on pearly penile papules?

Query: Hi doctor, For three days, I am have been having some reddish pink and white spots on the inner part of the penis. It is exactly on the corona, the under area of the head of the penis. Also, I have slight soreness on the inner part of the foreskin near the spots. It smells unpleasant. It is itchy an...  Read Full »

Can fungal infection cause low grade fever?

Query: Hi doctor, For around nine weeks now, I have had a low grade fever and that persists. Also, I feel a little upper throat fullness and mild sinus congestion. I have been in and out of primary care clinics many times looking for help.  I had two chest x-rays and they were clear. I also had blood test...  Read Full »

I have fungal infection in my ear.Is it mandatory to stay at the hospital overnight for a microsuction?

Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with fungal ear infection yesterday. Doctor asked me to get admitted in the hospital for a microsuction to remove fungal debris. Is it mandatory to stay at the hospital overnight for a microsuction? Can microsuction be done as an out patient procedure without staying in...  Read Full »