Q. The white spots on my skin are spreading fast. Please help.

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 11, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I have some small white spots on my skin of the legs, from the past two years. I was taking homeopathic medicines for it. From the past six to seven months, some new patches are coming on my face. These spots are spreading fast, and it has become a serious issue. Kindly suggest some quick and efficient treatment.

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology
#

It is vitiligo and since new patches are appearing it is called unstable vitiligo. How many patches are there over your body other than your neck? I suggest you try using the following:

1. Tacrolimus 0.1 % ointment once a day.
  2. Melgain or Melbild lotion (Deca Peptide), apply it over patches over the face early in the morning at 7 or 8 AM, followed by sun exposure at 9 AM for five minutes.
  3. Tablet Pigmento, one tablet twice daily after the meal.

You should consider visiting a dermatologist because treatment for vitiligo takes time for repigmentation and since new patches are appearing, oral steroid or Azathioprine can be considered after examination and blood investigations.

Please visit a dermatologist, and it is better to take treatment at this stage before other body parts are involved.

For further queries consult a cosmetologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cosmetologist

| 

There are four small patches on my legs. How long do I have to take these medicines? Should I start taking the medicines, or is it better to get a blood test first?

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology
#

I suggest you start the medicines after you consult your physician.

It can be continued for three months. But do visit a dermatologist, he or she will tell you to get some blood investigations before considering oral medications.

For more information consult a cosmetologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cosmetologist

| 

Why do I have small red itchy bumps around my groin?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a really irritating itch around my groin area, inner thigh and also in the abdomen area. It has spread to my buttock area too. I need help in solving this. Please help.  Read Full »

I have white patches in the throat and reddened soft palate. Is it oral cancer?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been having oral symptoms for the last six months or so. I also have been a heavy drinker for the past seven to eight years. I discontinued this in January of this year. Started in the fall of last year with allergy, cold symptoms and has continued to the present day even getti...  Read Full »

Can you help with my daughter's low platelet count?

Query: Hi doctor, My 12 year old daughter was fatigued and had blue blotches over her body. The doctor locally ordered blood tests, and the results showed low platelet count of 50000. They administered Cortisone of 30 mg a day for two weeks, and the count went up to 100000. The doctor reduced Cortisone to...  Read Full »

Ask a Cosmetologist Now