Q. The white spots on my skin are spreading fast. Please help.

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 11, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I have some small white spots on my skin of the legs, from the past two years. I was taking homeopathic medicines for it. From the past six to seven months, some new patches are coming on my face. These spots are spreading fast, and it has become a serious issue. Kindly suggest some quick and efficient treatment.

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology
#

It is vitiligo and since new patches are appearing it is called unstable vitiligo. How many patches are there over your body other than your neck? I suggest you try using the following:

1. Tacrolimus 0.1 % ointment once a day.
  2. Melgain or Melbild lotion (Deca Peptide), apply it over patches over the face early in the morning at 7 or 8 AM, followed by sun exposure at 9 AM for five minutes.
  3. Tablet Pigmento, one tablet twice daily after the meal.

You should consider visiting a dermatologist because treatment for vitiligo takes time for repigmentation and since new patches are appearing, oral steroid or Azathioprine can be considered after examination and blood investigations.

Please visit a dermatologist, and it is better to take treatment at this stage before other body parts are involved.

For further queries consult a cosmetologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cosmetologist

| 

There are four small patches on my legs. How long do I have to take these medicines? Should I start taking the medicines, or is it better to get a blood test first?

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology
#

I suggest you start the medicines after you consult your physician.

It can be continued for three months. But do visit a dermatologist, he or she will tell you to get some blood investigations before considering oral medications.

For more information consult a cosmetologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cosmetologist

|