iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersPediatricsvomitingWhat is the treatment for my ten-year-old niece, who is vomiting after a collision in the head?

My 10 months old niece vomited, two hours after she got hit on her head. What to do?


The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At August 2, 2017
Reviewed AtFebruary 1, 2024

Patient's Query

Hi doctor,

My niece got hit on her head, and she is crying since then. She is having a problem while sleeping, and she vomited after two hours of the collision. The collision was not that strong. Is it something serious or is it just trauma? There is no swelling on the head that I can see. Please help. I am very anxious.

Answered by Dr. Preeti Puranik


Welcome to icliniq.com.

  • Any head trauma has to be observed for signs and symptoms for about 48 hours. An external injury may or may not be there, but internal injury has to be looked for. Vomiting is a symptom of internal injury, but most kids also vomit due to crying excessively.
  • She needs to be examined for the signs of internal injury. Hence, take her to a doctor, especially, because she is crying, is uncomfortable, and had an episode of vomiting.
  • You can give her Paracetamol syrup for now. This will relieve pain if any.

If any more clarification, please post in the follow-up query.

For further queries consult a paediatrician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/paediatrician

Patient's Query

Hi doctor,

Thank you for replying. She is 10 months old and is asleep for the past 20 minutes. What should I do? It was not that strong collision. Should I go to the doctor or wait for some time? If it is a trauma, would she pacify on her own?

Answered by Dr. Preeti Puranik


Welcome back to icliniq.com.

  • It is better to show her once, as she had an episode of vomiting. I would recommend a check up by a pediatrician. She seems to be normal, but better to confirm once by consulting with your doctor.

Take care.

For more information consult a paediatrician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/paediatrician

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Preeti Puranik
Dr. Preeti Puranik


Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Ask your health query to a doctor online


*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy