Q. My 7 year old asthmatic child is continuously vomiting from yesterday night. Please suggest medicines for immediate relief.

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim
Published on Oct 10, 2019

My 7 years old boy has asthma for about a few years. From yesterday night, he is suffering from cough and vomiting. He is having continuous vomiting of whatever he eats or drinks. The medication used until now is Budecort 200 and Ascoril. Please suggest some medicines for immediate relief.

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Paediatrics
#

The child will need nebulization with 2ml Duolin (Levosalbutamol sulphate and Ipratropium bromide) plus 2 ml normal saline. Considering that the child has not been able to keep anything in the tummy and having repeated episodes of vomiting, I would suggest an Iv (intravenous) line be put in the hospital for giving Iv ondem and Iv fluids if required after getting the child physically evaluated by a pediatrician.

Take the child to the nearest hospital for nebulization and iv line administration. The saturation is also needed to be monitored for this child. An x-ray chest should be done as well.

What causes Nausea, Vomiting, Loose Motion, Fever?

Query: Hi doctor,I have a vomit, loose motion, fever, and body ache. I want to know what kind of fever I have. What are the medicines I can use? And what are the health tips I can follow?  Read Full >>

Dr. Arpit Varshney

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I will surely help you out. From the symptoms, you have described you most probably have food poisoning. So for vomiting and nausea you need Ondansetron or Domperidone. For fever, Paracetamol will suffice and for body ache, you should have Diclofenac with Ranitidine...  Read Full

Will my asthma medicines and IgE levels interfere with the HIV results?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a possible exposure to HIV, five months back. It was exactly on the 45th day I took an HIV fourth generation test, both HIV-1 and HIV-2 were nonreactive. At the 105th day, I took an ELFA HIV 1 and 2 antibody test, which was also nonreactive. I also did a viral load EDTA plasma HI...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. HIV (human¬†immunodeficiency virus) has a window period of 1 to 3 months, during which the test results can be a false negative. According to WHO (world health organization), all tests are considered conclusive after 12 weeks of the last exposure.¬†As your test results ar...  Read Full

Can allergic asthma turn into permanent asthma?

Query: Hello doctor,I am 29 years old now. I have allergic asthma for last 6 to 7 years but in very mild form (mild suffocation and coughing for 2 to 3 days, once in three months). It used to get triggered by an old house (old book or newspaper dust) or distemper and paints or orange flavored drinks. But s...  Read Full >>

Dr. Kartik Sood
Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per your symptoms, you are suffering from bronchial asthma with allergic rhinitis, but you need to confirm this by doing a spirometry with reversibility test. Asthma is a disease related to hypersensitivity of our respiratory system to some allergens which cause tri...  Read Full