Q. I am suffering from severe itching, redness, and inflammation of vulva for past 60 days. Kindly help.

Dr. Harshul Gohel
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A
Published on Jul 23, 2019 and last reviewed on: Jul 29, 2019

I am suffering from infection in vulva for the last 60 days. Having severe itching, redness, and inflammation on superficial skin like urticaria or hives, but I am not sure what type of infection I have. My doctor said that this is a fungal infection and gave me tablet Fluconazole 150 mg, capsule Becelac Pb for 15 days but symptoms not subsided. This medication should be repeated for the next seven days, but there is no relief. So after that, I take homeopathy treatment lasts five days homeopathy doctor said to me this is urticaria. But I am not satisfied with any treatment please help me.

Dr. Harshul Gohel

Family Physician
#

Your history is suggestive of bacterial infection. And it should be also ruled out. But till then we can start a prophylaxis therapy. It is also to be evaluated for your sexual habits and any recent or past infection of your male partner. If possible follow-up with complete history, till then follow my advice.

1. Tablet Azithromycin 500 mg once a day for three days in an empty stomach.

2. Tablet Ceftas 200 mg 1-0-1 for five days after the meal.

3. V-wash solution for local application.

I have sent the pictures of my affected parts please see than suggest the best treatment. Please help.

Dr. Harshul Gohel

Family Physician
#

Yes, it is suggestive of bacterial infection. I want to add another one medicine in your treatment. Follow this

1. Tablet Azithromycin 500 mg once a day for three days (empty stomach).

2. Tablet Ceftas 200 mg (Cefixime) 1-0-1 for five days (after meal).

3. Tablet Atarax 25 mg (Hydroxyzine) 1-0-0 continue for itching.

4. V-wash solution for local application.

Maintain loacl part hygiene properly. Avoid any sexual activity for at least one month. Take regular medication and follow the advice as given. It will surely help you out.

There was no sexual interactions.

Dr. Harshul Gohel

Family Physician
#

Good. You will improve soon.

Does 1-0-1 and 1-0-0 mean BD and OD respectively? If itching persists, then can I take Atarax 25 mg BD?

Dr. Harshul Gohel

Family Physician
#

Yes, 1-0-1 means BD twice a day and 1-0-0 means OD once a day. Yes, if itching persists, then you can tablet Atarax (Hydroxyzine) 25 mg BD.

do follow up after 5 days with this continue medicines.

I am sending image of my affected parts. Please see and advice me the treatment. The symptoms are improved but sometimes I feel itching in vulva only and not vagina. I inform to you that these symptoms are started 7 to 10 days before my period.

Dr. Harshul Gohel

Family Physician
#

You have got much improvement. But as the period comes, some physiological changes occur in genital tract and it is causing itching. So, continue my last prescription for another 10 days. It will completely resolve your symptoms. Have you ever been sexually exposed?

1. Tablet Atarax (25 mg) BD continue for itching.
2. V-wash solution for local application 2-3 times a day

Do follow up as you improve or not.

Shall I take Azithromycin for chest congestion and cold?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 38 years old and I weigh 55 kg. l am having chest congestion and cold. The doctor prescribed me Azithromycin 500 mg for three days and Levocetirizine. I am asthmatic. I am also taking Foracort 400 twice a day whenever I have a breathing problem. My symptoms are not impr...  Read Full »

Are the medicines given to me for scabies correct?

Query: Hi doctor, I was diagnosed with scabies, and now I am worried my family also has it. The doctor has prescribed Permethrin cream 5%, Ketoconazole cream, Flutas 150 mg, and Levocetirizine. Are these tablets fine or should I add anything more? What should I do with the furniture and mobile phones? I h...  Read Full »

Why does my vulva and vagina get swollen during sexual intercourse?

Query: Hello doctor, Whenever I have sex, it feels like my vulva and vagina start out well lubed and with no issue but within 4 or 5 minutes they both become swollen and irritated enough that I cannot continue to have sex.  Read Full »

Ask an Allergy Specialist Now