Q. Why did my father develop slurred speech two days back?

Answered by Dr. Hitesh Kumar and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Warning Signs Of Stroke or Diabetes? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

My 70 year old father has developed slurred speech from two days. He has diabetes, benign prostate hypertrophy, and history of vascular dementia. He does not have weakness, paralysis, or numbness. He does not have hypertension or any cardiac disease. He refused to do a CT scan in the ER. His blood test including coagulation profile and troponin were normal. His HbA1C is 6.8, and the ECG was normal. Yesterday, the doctor started him on Aspirin 81 mg and Atorvastatin 40 mg. He is on Risperidone 1 mg more than 10 years without an obvious diagnosis. The psychiatrist started him on this medicine because of an acute psychotic disorder. An MRI was done last year, and I will upload the report. What should we do about the slurred speech?