Q. Having some skin problem above my right ear. What is it?

Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 25, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jun 08, 2020

I have some skin problem above my right ear. It is the place where a put my spectacles. It is neither itching nor painful. Blood is not coming from that. But, still I feel some difficulty to wear spectacles. I have been taking treatment for 6 months. I am using Fusiwal-B and I put cotton there. But, there is no improvement. So, please help me. I am also attaching a photograph for your reference.

#

I have read your query in detail and do understand your concern. I also viewed the attached pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• Does blood come out if it is touched repeatedly? Is the growth soft or firm?
  • Does it move a bit around or is it fixed? For how long is it present? Is it growing slowly or rapidly?
  • How is your general health? Do you have any history of repeated unexplained fever over the last year?
  • I can see a small outgrowth from the top of the main lesion which looks like a wart. You may add another photo from a different angle for better understanding of the lesion.

Revert back with the answers to the above questions to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

No, blood is not coming by touching it repeatedly. I had no fever since one and a half year. It moves a little bit around. It has been present there since 8 months.

#

• It is most likely a wart. Do not apply Fusiwal-B (Fusidic acid) as it has steroid, which may further increase the wart.
  • Creams or oral medicine is usually not helpful in treating warts. They are best dealt with radiocautery, which is a simple office based surgery with cautery machine or laser requiring only local anesthesia.
  • It is a 5 minute superficial procedure, which would be performed by your dermatologist.
  • Do not touch the wart repeatedly as they may spread to other body parts.

For further information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|