Q. Having some skin problem above my right ear. What is it?

Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 25, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jun 08, 2020

I have some skin problem above my right ear. It is the place where a put my spectacles. It is neither itching nor painful. Blood is not coming from that. But, still I feel some difficulty to wear spectacles. I have been taking treatment for 6 months. I am using Fusiwal-B and I put cotton there. But, there is no improvement. So, please help me. I am also attaching a photograph for your reference.

#

I have read your query in detail and do understand your concern. I also viewed the attached pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• Does blood come out if it is touched repeatedly? Is the growth soft or firm?
  • Does it move a bit around or is it fixed? For how long is it present? Is it growing slowly or rapidly?
  • How is your general health? Do you have any history of repeated unexplained fever over the last year?
  • I can see a small outgrowth from the top of the main lesion which looks like a wart. You may add another photo from a different angle for better understanding of the lesion.

Revert back with the answers to the above questions to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

No, blood is not coming by touching it repeatedly. I had no fever since one and a half year. It moves a little bit around. It has been present there since 8 months.

#

• It is most likely a wart. Do not apply Fusiwal-B (Fusidic acid) as it has steroid, which may further increase the wart.
  • Creams or oral medicine is usually not helpful in treating warts. They are best dealt with radiocautery, which is a simple office based surgery with cautery machine or laser requiring only local anesthesia.
  • It is a 5 minute superficial procedure, which would be performed by your dermatologist.
  • Do not touch the wart repeatedly as they may spread to other body parts.

For further information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

| 

Is my acne prescription correct?

Query: Hi doctor, For the last four months, I started getting acne in the form of pustules, papules and small nodules. My dermatologist prescribed Isotretinoin 20 mg on alternate days, but rather than improvement my acne is getting worse. She also prescribed antibiotic Sepmax-DS (800 mg) that is a combina...  Read Full »

How can you get a mole removed?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a small, flat mole on my nose bridge. How can I remove it? Please recommend the best method with your professional advice.  Read Full »

How can I get rid of the scars on my face?

Query: Hello doctor, I have acne and a lot of scarring on my face from a breakout that occurred last month that is hyperpigmentation and it is lowering my self-confidence. I am trying very hard to find a treatment that is effective and works quickly. I have attached photos for your reference.  Read Full »

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»