Q. My 6 year old daughter has two skin tag like bumps on her skin. What could it be?

Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 12, 2014 and last reviewed on: Oct 16, 2018

My 6 year old daughter has two skin tag like bumps on her skin near the underwear line. She has had them for several months now and not getting bigger in size. It has been of the same size since it appeared. She does not have any pain or itching. She does not complain about them. But, I noticed another small one starting to appear. I think it is high time I should get her treated for this problem. Please help.

#

I read through your child's problem. This may be due to molluscum contagiosum, if central umbilication (a depression similar to that of navel present at the center of any lesion) is present in each lesion and a white body is present inside the bump or these might be warts (if soft, pinkish, irregular, fleshy and without any umbilication).

Both these conditions are viral infections. Both of them can spread and form new lesions. In both the conditions, new lesions keep appearing.

These lesions can be removed by different options like cauterization and cryotherapy. Warts can also be treated with topical lotion like Podowart (Podophyllum resin, Benzoin, and Aloes solution) under the supervision of the doctor.

Molluscum can be treated by enucleating the white body from inside.

Consult a dermatologist online for further follow up and treatment --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|