Q. What can be done to gain weight and muscular body?

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf
Published on Nov 27, 2018

I am 21 years old. A male with height 173 cm, weight 46 kg. I eat well but I look very slim and weak body. So, please give a good suggestion for a healthy and muscular body.

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf

Diabetology Endocrinology
#

I just read your query and it appears that you are underweight although you have a very good height. I suggest you take a high protein diet preferably if you are a non-vegetarian then take chicken, mutton, eggs daily. Also, try to eat small meals frequently. Take Ensure milk powder twice a day regularly. You must take a high-calorie diet more than 2500 kcal per day. Problem is if you are a vegetarian, in that case, you must add your proteins from dry fruits, soya milk, soybeans, ghee, etc. Sleep well and exercise in moderation for 20 to 30 minutes daily.

| 

Kindly suggest an appetite enhancer to gain weight.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 24 year old male. My height is 5'8" and weight is 53 kg. I want to gain weight. I do not feel hungry. I want to increase my appetite so that I can eat more. I also do not eat junk foods. I have always been underweight. I used a syrup to increase appetite when I was 14. But, I did ...  Read Full »

Does masturbation cause weight loss in females?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 27 years old. My weight is 55 kg and height is 5.8 inches. I am very thin. My weight is not appropriate according to my height. My weight is only 55 kg, and it is neither increasing or decreasing. I also have a good habit of eating everything almost. The primary concern is that even...  Read Full »

Tips to Losing and Maintaining a Healthy Weight

Article Overview: This article talks about foods that can help you lose weight and maintain it and also regarding how you can exercise effectively for weight loss. Read Article

Dr. Isaac Gana
Fitness Expert

What to Eat A simple tip is to eat fruits, vegetables, and whole nuts before every meal. This makes it impossible for us to consume a large meal portion all at once. Fruits or vegetables in the form of salads, aid in digestion and help prevent constipation, thereby preventing bloating. It is most i...  Read Article

Ask an Endocrinologist Now