Get E-Book on COVID-19

Q. My child has white acne on face with reddishness on cheeks, forehead, and chest. Please help.

Answered by
Dr. Hardika Kothari
and medically reviewed by Dr. Vinodhini. J
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 13, 2020

Hello doctor,

My child is having white acne on the face surrounded by reddishness. It is on cheeks, forehead, slightly on the backside of the head, and mildly on the chest as well. My baby's age is 26 days. What do I do? I have consulted the doctor and he recommended Fusidic acid and Beclomethasone Dipropionate cream and Oxipod drops. I have applied on his face but not much difference.



Welcome to

Kindly send the picture of the face, back, and chest.

Is there any itching or fever? What is the duration of symptoms? Is the baby taking feed well? Are there similar complaints in other members of the family? I need all these information along with the picture to diagnose the condition and guide you better.

Was this answer helpful?


Thank you doctor,

There is either itching or fever. The duration of symptoms is around 12 to 15 days. Yes, the baby is taking feeding really well, he gets hiccups from time to time. And no there is no such problem in any of the family members.



Welcome back to

It seems to be a variant of neonatal acne known as neonatal cephalic pustulosis. It may affect 20-30% of newborns mostly in the second to third week of life. It is benign and has a self-limiting course. These pustules and papules will resolve with therapy or on their own without sequelae


Apply topical Clindamycin gel twice daily for one week, Ketoconazole soap for bathing for one week.

Review after one week regarding continuation or alternative treatment depending upon the results.

Was this answer helpful?


Related Questions:
What is the reason for recurring white spots on my genital area?
Popping my pimples has caused a big red bump. Please help.
Why do I have red patches around mouth after dropping Accutane dose?

This is a sponsored Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the Ad.

Consult by PhoneConsult by Phone Video ChatVideo Chat
Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

I have a red bump near my nose piercing. Please suggest some ointment.

Query: Hi doctor, I got a nose piercing done a month back. It was done with a gunshot, and the metal did not suit me. It ended up with a swelling at the area. I changed it to a gold stud, which worked and the piercing was fine till now. From the past 4 to 5 days, I can see a red bump near the piercing. I v...  Read Full »

I have some kind of skin infection. Please let me know further action from the image.

Query: Hi doctor, I have some skin infection for quite some time now. I have tired a few medicines for the same and I got a laser treatment once. Can you tell me what the issue is based on the images and also the possible treatment that I should undergo?  Read Full »

How to treat glans discoloration?

Query: Hi doctor,I have a circular or oval area of discolored skin on the shaft of my penis, near the base. It started as a small circular area that looked very much like ringworm and now, it is much larger. The area of skin is paler than the rest of my penis and it seems to have some red scaling around th...  Read Full »

Also Read

Can naked body to body massage spread HIV?
Hello doctor, I recently had some business trip during which I had some naked body to body massage wherein massager vag...  Read more»
Are COVID-19 Patients Infectious for up to 90 Days After Recovery?
There have been reports of recovered COVID-19 patients getting reinfected and testing positive for almost 3 months. Read...  Read more»
Crohn's Disease
Crohn's disease causes inflammation of the digestive tract, which results in symptoms like severe diarrhea, stomach pain...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a Paediatrician Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.