Fusidic Acid

Fusidic acid is a commonly used topical antibiotic and is available as eye drops, cream, tablets, and injection. It is effective against gram-positive bacteria. It is used topically for acne vulgaris, and to treat methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA).

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by Verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

Can piles cause a small pimple in the anal area?

Query: I have a small pimple or swelling in anal area where stools are passing from last one week which is not painful and there is no problem with bowel movement. Its having an itching sometimes.. it is piles or any related disease. It just had a small itching sensation and had small pain while washing af...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Medical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hello Dear. I welcome you to icliniq. This seem to be a perianal boil. The boil is a pus containing hair follicle. Hair are the stalk and follicles are the trunk of the hair. The follicle can get infected and cause enlarged painful swelling called as boil. It is not communicating to your bowel that...  Read Full »

Why have a few reddish spots developed on my baby's head?

Query: Hi doctor, My baby boy, who is 8 months 14 days old. His weight is 7.6 kg and height is 27 inches. He is taking Arbivit-3 and Zincovit drops daily according to the doctor's advice. Are his weight and height fine? From few days, there are some reddish spots developed on his head and in some parts of...  Read Full »

Dr. Navreet Sharda


Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your son's weight and height are in normal range, but it is definitely towards lower side. I expect his weight to be between 2 to 3 kg at the time of birth. He need close monitoring as far as growth is concerned. If he is gaining weight adequately in the next coming mont...  Read Full »

What could cause non-itchy red bumps on stomach, chest, neck and arms?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had these red bumps on my stomach for six days. A little up my chest, neck, and arm. They are not itchy too much. I have been using Cortisone and it has not gotten any better. Now it sort of looks like my boyfriend might be starting to get them on his back. Not 100 percent sure...  Read Full »

Dr. B. T. Priya


Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Lesions are looking like red papules. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Miliaria is common if you are sweating more. Some are looking infected. Is there any fluid coming out of some lesions? Any chance these are subsiding after a few hours? If your f...  Read Full »

Does diabetes cause skin rashes with discoloration and pus?

Query: Hello doctor, My father is 65 years old. He seems to have developed some patches on his skin. They are blackish red and also seem to have some pus. He is a diabetic and currently under medication for diabetes, heart and urine issues.  Read Full »

Dr. Snehal Laul

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the picture. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is diabetic dermopathy with bacterial infection. Skin lesions like carbuncle, ecthyma are common in diabetics. Diabetic microangiopathy is responsible for diabetic dermopathy. Usually, they a...  Read Full »

I got skin lesions after using a nose pore strip. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 29 year old female. I washed my face and did not apply moisturizer or any other thing. Then I placed the Biore pore strip on my nose. While removing, it ripped my skin. It was red, burns bad, liquid comes out of it and looks like a huge blister. I had this for about almost three we...  Read Full »

Dr. Suvash Sahu

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your concern and understand your problem. You developed irritant contact dermatitis to Biore strip chemical. It is a localized disease confined to areas of exposure and may aggravated on subsequent exposure.   Read Full »

My daughter is suffering from a strange allergy. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor,My daughter is 13 years old. She is suffering from strange allergy since two years. It became very bad and affects her psychologically. It started when we changed our location before two years. I have consulted three doctors and all of them said it as strange and did not show response to a...  Read Full »

Dr. Suvash Sahu

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your concern and examined the given pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It looks like dermatitis artefacta or striae distensae (stretch marks). Dermatitis artefacta is defined as the self-inflicted skin damage. Typical locations for the ...  Read Full »

I have STD for a long term with cluster of bumps appearing occasionally. Please suggest treatment.

Query: Hello doctor, I have had an STD for 30 years but it occurs only on the surfaces for every four or five years and only under much stress. I was able to photograph it this time but still cannot see a doctor for a couple of days. I am afraid it will vanish again before I see a doctor. The bumps are in...  Read Full »

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the photo. (attachment removed to protct patient identity). It is herpes genitalis. Is it associated with itching or burning sensation? Does your partner suffer from a similar problem? How many episodes per year? If you have recurrent episodes you should c...  Read Full »

Why do I repeatedly get fungal infections?

Query: Hello doctor, I am getting itching in the area where I wear my undergarments. I tried many medicines for fungal infection, but it does not go away. It has been there for more than a year. It keeps recurring. Currently, I am applying Miconazole cream and Clotrimazole powder. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Suvash Sahu

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. With your given description, it looks like resistant tinea cruris infections or may be erythrasma (skin condition affecting the folds in the body), You have not mentioned the duration of individual drugs you have taken. Itraconazole is a good drug for this, but yo...  Read Full »

My bleeding skin in thumb and forefinger does not heal on medication. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a very painful skin condition on the sides of my thumbs and forefingers. It started months ago and is steadily getting worse and spreading to other fingers. I also have it on one of my toes. The nails have gone very thick and have a chalky formation under the nail. This is not pai...  Read Full »

Dr. Gaurang Gupta

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Hair Transplant Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the pictures. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Yes, this is eczema only and you are using the correct cream, but the problem is that it is a very resistant condition, so it takes time to get resolved. You should avoid touching soap, deterg...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for sunburn injury?

Query: Hi doctor, I got a very bad sunburn on my left leg about a week ago. I am almost certain it was a second degree even though it did not blister. It was very red and hurted for at least three days. My ankle was swollen for two days as well. I am much worried about it as I am on holiday and did not see...  Read Full »

Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal

Dermatologist, Venereologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Cosmetologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query in detail and viewed the attached pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and do understand your concern  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours
Chat with a Doctor

Chat with a Doctor

Starting @ just $29.99

Search for a Health Issue


Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.