Q. I am getting thick cheesy vaginal discharge for the past four months. Kindly advice.

This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 04, 2019 and last reviewed on: Jul 05, 2019

I have experienced a thick chunky white cottage cheese discharge for the past four months. I have been to the doctor five times since. At first, I had itchiness, but now that has subsided, but the discharge is still there. I have had multiple paps and tests done. Including chlamydia, ghonnorea, trichomoniasis, yeast infections, and bacterial vaginosis. But each time they have come back negative. I am not sure what else to do. I have been to multiple doctors but have accomplished nothing. Currently, I am experiencing dryness, loss of libido, and irritation.

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

I would like to have a few more clarifications.

1. Have you checked your blood sugar levels? Do you have any family history of diabetes? If so, then correction of your blood sugar levels should be the first test. The discharge you mentioned seems to be of candida. Even though your trial is ruling out this fungus, the symptoms you specified seems to be of candida albicans.

2. Your ideal body weight is 57 to 62 kg for a height of 157 cm. Are your periods regular or bulky or too less? Any hormone level imbalance controlling periods can release lots of vaginal discharge. This can be resolved only by reducing your body weight and getting regular periods.

3. Are you sexually active? If your partner has any infections or is diabetic, you can have the same disease. Your antibiotics course would have removed infection partly. He too will need medication to resolve problems fully. I hope I have clarified your query, do write back if any more questions and for your feedback.

|