Q. The outer skin of my penis is white with no pain and discharge. Is the skin dead or infected?

Dr. Yeshwanth Kumar

The outer skin of my penis is getting white and slowly increasing. I consulted a doctor, and he told me that the skin is dead or may be infected. There is no pain and any other discharge. Kindly suggest.

Dr. Yeshwanth Kumar

Dermatology Venereology
#

Can you please upload a few pictures if possible, for diagnosis and to advise appropriate treatment. Do you have any history of diabetes mellitus?

| 

I have no diabetes. I have attached the photos.

Dr. Yeshwanth Kumar

Dermatology Venereology
#

I have seen the photos. (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

Get your blood sugar levels done before fasting and after lunch once if possible. It could be candidal balanitis. I suggest taking tablet Fluconazole 150 mg once weekly for three weeks. Apply DK (Miconazole nitrate) gel twice daily.

| 

Is it very dangerous? What are the cause and its remedy? Will your medicine work properly or is there any type of side effects?

Dr. Yeshwanth Kumar

Dermatology Venereology
#

Most likely it is a fungal infection and the treatment advised is appropriate. If you want to confirm the diagnosis, then you need to meet a dermatologist nearest you as a few things can be missed online.

|