Oral Candidiasis

Can oral thrush cause a popping feeling in the throat on swallowing?

Query: Hi doctor,I am 20 years old. I am a heavy smoker for a year. I feel a pop in my throat. When I swallow, it comes and goes. I have stopped smoking for a week. I believe it as an oral thrush as I have bad breath and some white stuff is present on my tongue. I also have a dry mouth and a loss of appeti...  Read Full »

Dr. Syed Tehmid

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please mention the meaning of pop while swallowing. Please mention whether your food gets stuck while swallowing. Please mention whether you have difficulty in swallowing. Please attach the picture of the white lesions. Please mention whether these white patches disappe...  Read Full »

I have some white growths on the side of the tongue. Is it due to oral candidiasis?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 20-year-old male with a weight of 78 kilograms and a height of six feet. I have the habit of smoking for four years. I drink alcohol in a moderate amount. I am not taking any medication. I have a problem with my tongue. I started to have this problem before three months. The tongu...  Read Full »

Dr. Radhika Shukla

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. After going through the detailed history and description, it seems that you are suffering from oral candidiasis. But it is difficult to rule out the condition without examining you. Please send me a photo of your mouth in an open position and the tongue in pulled out co...  Read Full »

Are the lesions on my penis and legs due to sarcoidosis?

Query: Hi doctor, I have rashes for four to five months. They do not cause itching or burning. They are simply displeasing to watch. During that time, I was diagnosed with tonsillitis. Recently, my dentist noticed some dental caries inside my mouth. I feel to have nasal congestion although it is clean. I ...  Read Full »

Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to have fine papules over the glans penis. This is common in sexually active people and it can occur due to a hypersensitive reaction to candida. It is a fungal element found in genitalia. You can use topical antifungal creams such as Clotrimazole or Miconazole...  Read Full »

What could be the white patch in my tongue that gets wiped off?

Query: Hello doctor, I recently had a chest infection and was treated with Prednisone, Azithromycin, Paracetamol, and Brozdec. After my medicines were done, I started experiencing throat pain and noticed redness in my throat and a white substance on the roof of my mouth, which I wiped off with Hydrogen pe...  Read Full »

Dr. Radhika Shukla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Looking at the photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and since the white layer wipes off, it seems like oral candidiasis. Oral candidiasis is a fungal infection. Can it happen in immunocompromised conditions like diabetes, HIV, or patients on ...  Read Full »

Can fever, loose motions, and knee pain be signs of HIV infection?

Query: Hi doctor, I had exposure to HIV 10 months back, and after that, I got myself tested. Rapid ICT and particle agglutination after six weeks. HIV Ag and Ab screening S/CO = 0.18, CMIA Method after eight weeks. Serum Electrochemiluminescence or Immunoassay method after 16 months. All tests reported ne...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for the query. I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have been suffering from constant loose motion, fever, and joint pain. HIV antibodies: HIV 1 and HIV 2 are non-reactive three months back. Again, HIV for rapid ICT and partial agglut...  Read Full »

What causes reddish-white patches on the tongue?

Query: Hi doctor,I have a problem with my tongue.  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for the query. I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have been suffering from a tongue problem. According to the picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity) provided here, you may suffer from red- whitish patches on the to...  Read Full »

What is the reason for white coating on the tongue?

Query: Hi doctor, For the last few days, there is a white or yellow coating in the back of my tongue. It has been hurting. My taste buds in the back are swollen and bleed when I use the tongue scraper, which is on my toothbrush. What could this be?  Read Full »

Dr. Rashi Verma

General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query. A coated or white tongue occurs when the surface is colonized by bacteria or fungi, and dead cells become trapped between the small nodules on the tongue. From the image (attachment removed to protect patient identity), that you have sent me. It lo...  Read Full »

Why is there a white round patch in the tongue with reflux symptoms?

Query: Hi doctor, I am very healthy, 36 years old, with 180 lbs and a height of 6.4 feet. I usually exercise regularly. Three years back, after a stressful year, and switching to a vegan diet for several months, I had nagging reflux symptoms (sore throat, sore tongue, colored tongue, and bitter taste). So...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for the query. I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you may be suffering from nagging reflux symptoms like sore throat, sore tongue, colored tongue, and bitter taste with a white patch on the tongue. According to the picture (attachmen...  Read Full »

Is it normal to have a painful tongue with red and white sores after oral sex?

Query: Hello! I am a 39 year old female. I currently am taking Prednisone, cymbalta, hydroxy chloroquine. I have been trying to get help for almost a year. I had oral sex with my boyfriend, and as soon as it was over my throat closed up the very next day and my mouth was white. I have a very painful tongue...  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi! Thanks for providing a brief history. The most probable possibilty out there is you have a oral thrush or oral candidiasis. This is an opportunistic infection and usually does make your entire oral cavity go white with tongue being the most affected part. The second reason why i am considering...  Read Full »

What is the cause of chronic diarrhea and oral candidiasis after unprotected sex?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering a serious problem after unprotected sex with an unwknown woman on March 2018. After 21 days of sexual exposure, I suffer superficial gastritis (according to endoscopy). I have oral candidiasis, fatigue all the time. Several times I met the doctor and he prescribed antib...  Read Full »

Dr. Nancy Wespetal

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry to hear about your condition and will do all I can to help. It sounds like you are well versed in medical terminology and you have had some extensive testing. Since we are working with a new system that allows us to converse together for the next few da...  Read Full »