Q. There is a painful white patch near my last tooth. Please help.

Dr. Asma Parveen
and medically reviewed by Dr.Sowmiya
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 14, 2017 and last reviewed on: Feb 11, 2022

How are you doing? I have a pain in my jaw inside the mouth near my last tooth. There is a white patch. It is painful, and I cannot swallow properly because of the pain. Please help me. I am a student.

#

I am doing very well. Thank you.

As you have mentioned, the pain is around your last tooth, and it could be due to your third molar or wisdom tooth trying to erupt. This is a widespread problem at your age, but I would like a clearer picture of your case. Kindly send me a photo of that area. For the time being, you can start with some warm saline gargles at least five to six times a day for a week. This will take care of the swallowing problem. For the pain, you can take Paracetamol 325 mg thrice a day.

I hope it helps you.

|