Q. The pain is getting worse after a week of wisdom teeth extractions. What to do?

Dr. Parth Laxminarayan Iyer

I got both my wisdom teeth extracted a week ago. My doctor prescribed Ketorol, as a painkiller. But, this medicine is not helping me much and the pain is getting worse after the removal of stitches, which was done today. Kindly advice.

#

I am sorry that your pain has not subsided over this period.

• I would like to advice you that reduction of pain not only depends on the medicines, but also on effective infection control, oral hygiene maintenance, and rest.
  • You can ask your doctor to switch the painkiller molecule to the other ones, like Aceclofenac or Piroxicam. Furthermore, it is better to continue antibiotics for 5 to 7 days in the case of wisdom tooth extraction.
  • You should rest for about a week and avoid eating hot and hard stuff. Also, avoid alcohol and smoking. Gargle with Betadine and saline as many time as you can.

Wish you a healthy healing. Take care.

For further queries consult a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

Thank you for your advice.

#

• You are always welcome. Take care and get well soon. Wish you an uneventful, quick, and healthy healing.

For more information consult a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

|