Q. I get recurrent pain in wrist after some small movement. Why?

Dr. Mudabbir

I have a wrist pain on the top of it. Usually, when I use it in daily life it is all nice but as soon as I even swing a tennis racquet soon afterward pain develops. The pain is on the top and prevents my wrist from pronating. Whenever I play tennis it is usually only for five minutes. The pain goes away in a few days but recurs as soon as I even swing a racquet. What is the problem?

#

The wrist pain that you are experiencing could be due to the following reasons.

1) TFCC (triangular fibrocartilage complex) injury.

2) DRUJ (distal radioulnar joint) instability.

3) Carpal tunnel syndrome.

4) Osseous (bone) injury.

5) Cartilage injury.

If you are having a history of trauma, there are high chances of osseous or ligamentous injury in and around the wrist joint. I would like to suggest you to get an MRI of the wrist joint to get a detailed understanding of the intraarticular and extraarticular pathology causing the wrist pain.

Wearing a brace would definitely help you when the pathology is acute, but since you are experiencing this pain for the past three years and it is not subsiding I recommend further investigations.

|