Q. I have a few lumps under the eyes. What are they?

Dr. Gaurang Gupta

I am 42 years old. I am having some plump type of small things under both the eyes. It started like pimples and gradually increased in two years. But, there is no pain. I wear spectacles and job profile is sales and marketing. I have to travel in hot and sunny weather. Please advise.

Dr. Gaurang Gupta

Cosmetology Dermatology Hair Transplant Surgeon Venereology
#

• This is called xanthelasma, a deposition of cholesterol and fat around the eyes.
  • It is a painless condition and takes time to develop. It is a gradual fat deposition and xanthelasma will increase in size.
  • It is a very common problem and mostly found in people who have more fat with a habit of eating more junk food and soft drinks.
  • First, check your blood cholesterol level and lipid profile. Many times the level will be high, but it could be normal also. If it is high, then follow the diet restriction.
  • TCA application (Trichloroacetic acid) is one of the most common and simplified treatment options. We apply this on the spots. It burns the cholesterol and in a few days the burnt area will fall off. The remaining skin will heal without any scar. Two to three sittings are required for this treatment.
  • Laser removal is an another option and requires well-equipped CO2 laser setup. This process needs to be done under local anesthesia. The laser will directly burn the xanthelasma. This procedure may cause mild swelling around eyes for the next two to three days of treatment.

For further information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

| 

What is TCA? Whom should I contact for that?

Dr. Gaurang Gupta

#

• TCA is just a solution. Please contact your dermatologist for the procedure. It is a cost-effective procedure.

|