Q. I have constant twisting pain in the upper part of the stomach for the past two weeks. Please help.

Dr. Tinu Philip
and medically reviewed by Dr. Lochana

For the past 2 weeks i have been having constant twisting pains in my upper stomach area. i cant use the restroom nor stand up for long periods of time. If i do i throw up constantly which makes the pains grow 10x worse . I have been doing alot of twisting & turning because of the pain .

#

Hello From the query ,its understandable that u r in a lot of agony. Have u been through a lot of stress these days ,any changes in diet , sleeplessness etc..? All the above can predispose to excess acid secretions from the stomach causing heartburn ,severe stomach pain and vomiting. Since u mention it's been there for two weeks ,I would suggest u to consult a GP at the earliest because u will need some tests and medications to improve the situation .. Meanwhile u can avoid hot ,spicy food. Eat in small quantities , large amounts of fluids ( don't take citirc acid drinks like lemon ,orange till u are settled,avoid carbonated drinks etc). take light food and donor lie around too much... Keep walking around,sitting etc. Hope u can arrange a medical appointment at the earliest and u get relief soon. Wishing u a speedy recovery .U can get back for any further doubts or clarifications. thank u

| 

Can the lower abdomen pain be due to ovulation?

Query: Hello doctor, For the past two days, I am feeling a mild pain on my lower abdomen and having a feeling that my bowels are not getting cleared. I had my last period about two months back. My periods have become irregular since then. Last month, I got examined and was detected having a uterine fibroid...  Read Full »

My abdominal pain did not reduce even after taking antibiotics. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 52 year old female. Two weeks back, I had severe abdomen pain and got a sonography done. I have been diagnosed with amebic liver abscess. It was identified 13 days back and I was admitted in hospital for three days and was given saline and Metronidazole dosages, but still not re...  Read Full »

Is vomiting a cause of prominence of the vessels of sclera?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 21 year old female. I was bulimic for about a year. It happens once or twice a week. I never noticed any permanent changes in my eyes throughout my episodes. However, the last time I ever binged and purged three months ago, I vomited violently. A few weeks after this, I noticed tha...  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»