Q. I have abdominal pain that radiates to the chest and blood in spit. Please help.

Dr. Sanya Dhingra
and medically reviewed by Dr. Lochana
Back pain, that I am now starting METHOCARBAMOL for. Upper abdominal pain that radiates to chest, and blood in spit.
25 year old male
#

Hello . Greetings from icliniq. I understand your concern. I would request you to kindly shard the reports of your chest x ray and EKG . Also i would want to know if you have any breathing difficulties or cough ? Blood in cough or sputum is not a good sign . Also i do not see a reason for use of steroids . Do you have problems with acid reflux or constipation? Kindly follow up with these details and your reports . I am also advising some tests . Kindly get these done .

1. CBC with ESR
2. X ray - middle and lower back (AP and Lateral view)
3. USG whole abdomen

1. Locally apply pain relief gel like diclofenac on the back before sleep
2. Avoid lifting any heavy weights or bending exercise
3. Use a water based heat bag / pad and apply locally on back (2-3 times in a day)
4. Sleep without a pillow
5. Consider changing your mattress
6. Tablet tranexamic acid 500 mg (8 hourly in a day for 1 day)

| 

Having abdominal pain and bloated feeling for five months. Could this be due to colon cancer?

Query: Hi doctor, I have had abdominal pain for five months. It is mainly under the right side ribs along the right flank. I also have some pain on the left. I feel gassy and bloated. The stomach makes some crazy noises. I was constipated for a few months, but now I have constant diarrhea. I am going to ...  Read Full »

Had cervical polypectomy and experiencing back pain. Will it subside in time?

Query: Hi doctor, I had cervical polypectomy and was told to expect brown discharge. Now experiencing cramping, minor bleeding, vinegar smell, and severe back pain, to the point that I am dizzy and nauseous. A couple of days earlier had a bunch of discharge that looked like dark reddish and orangish skin....  Read Full »

Can my abdominal pain after cholecystectomy throw me into SVT?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 29 years old male, 5'7", 235 lbs. I am suffering from SVT, degenerative disc L4 to S1, ulcerative colitis. Have undergone appendectomy (more than 10 years ago), tonsillectomy (more than 10 years ago), cholecystectomy (three years back). Medicines I am taking are Lopressor 50 mg t...  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»

Ask a Pain Medicine Physician Now