Q. I have irregular period with severe bleeding and stomach pain. Please help.

Dr. Bhagyarekha Yattinamani

I have irregular periods and continuous bleeding in the genital area. So I am using sanitary pad always. And also have some kind of pain in the stomach.

#

I understand your concern.

Please tell me, when did you attain menarche? Have your periods been irregular always? If yes, tell me your cycle length. Are you married? Any children? Are you taking any other medications? When were your last periods? When was this ultrasound done?

According to scan reports your endometrium is thick (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You need to understand diagnostic as well as therapeutic curratage.

Until then take tablet Pause MF (Tranexamic acid) three times daily for five days, and tablet Meprate 10 mg (Medroxyprogesterone) thrice daily for seven days followed by twice daily for the next week and followed by once daily for the next one week and stop.

If your cycles are always irregular following the above treatment start Diane 35 for three months. Also, take Iron, Folic acid supplements to prevent anemia due to excessive blood loss.

Please answer the above mentioned questions to suggest if anything extra is needed other than the mentioned treatment.

I attained menarche at the age of 12. Most of the times my menses are irregular. No, I am not married and not taking any medications. Yes, a few days ago a doctor suggested me Cycloset and I get pain in the stomach when I take medication and BP also gets low. I got my last periods in the last week of February and I took my ultrasound in the last week of April.

Please tell me why this pain and blood clots occurs? After taking medicine clots have been stopped but the pain is there. What do I have to do now?

#

Please take the medication that I have mentioned above and if it is not effective to get dilatation and currettage which is getting a layer of your endometrium and sending it for a histopathology examination. That helps in the diagnosis.

Earlier there was severe abdominal pain on the right side and I took Pantacid tablet and I got relief. And from today, I started taking your medication after stopping the older medicines which were prescribed. After taking pause MF and Meprate 10 mg, I have some inflammation in my chest and stomach. Is it normal? And what precautions and diet should I follow? Again if abdominal pain occurs then what to do?

#

Take tablet Pantoprazole once daily on empty stomach before breakfast for 15 days. It looks like you have gastric irritation. Avoid oily and spicy foods. If you still get pain take tablet Dicyclomine twice daily or whenever you have pain.

|