Transvaginal Sonography

I am pregnant and peeing blood. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, My wife is eight weeks pregnant and she is seeing blood during urination. Her first delivery was C-section. Our regular doctor two days ago suggested injection and medicines. Even after taking that injection and medicine, she is feeling pain in the abdomen occasionally and blood in the ur...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. After having gone through the ultrasound reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), It is evident that your wife had experienced threatened abortion with separation of placenta at the lateral aspect of the gestational sac as evident from the second ul...  Read Full »

My partner bled heavily after 3 years of menopause. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, This is on behalf of my partner. She is 51 and has been through the menopause. She has not had a period in 3 years. Last week, she bled quite heavy for a few days. A duty doctor told her to get a blood test done. She had the blood test done today. My partner did not tell the family hist...  Read Full »

Dr. Geeta Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Postmenopausal bleeding is the vaginal bleeding, which occurs 1 year after attaining menopause. It should be evaluated, particularly in whom with a family history of carcinoma. PMP bleeding patients are at high risk of endometrial cancer. The causes of PMP bleedin...  Read Full »

How to confirm abortion after taking abortion kit?

Query: Hi doctor, I had unprotected intercourse on the 11th. My menses date was on 26th of the same month, but I missed my menses. I had a pregnancy test after eight days and it was positive. I took the first set of abortion pills on the same day at 6:30 PM. At 10:30 PM, I started to have bleeding and the ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, you have not mentioned the name of the pills or the pack that you have taken for medical abortion. From the set of pills, I understand that you have taken two pills at 6.30 PM and then a second set of Misoprostol pills at 10 AM after 16 hours. This is a wron...  Read Full »

Why is there a bleeding along with urination after sex?

Query: Hi doctor, My partner has a problem while urinating. She gets blood coming along with it and also, has pain while doing it. She has this problem after having sex. I think that her private parts got injured and so, she has bleeding while urinating. Please suggest something to get relief.  Read Full »

Dr. Jimesh H Mavani

General Practitioner, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If there is bleeding in urine, then consult a doctor soon and test her urine. If there is blood, do not take it lightly and it may require sonography and other tests to find out the cause. If it is bleeding from a private part and if it is not related to urination, then...  Read Full »

One of my breasts has become significantly larger after an abortion. Should I be concerned?

Query: Hello doctor,I had an abortion five weeks ago and I noticed that my breasts have been returning to their normal size. But, one of my breasts has become significantly larger than my other breast. Should I be concerned? Should I see a gynecologist?  Read Full »

Dr. Jimesh H Mavani

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If, like you said, one of your breasts is significantly larger than the other, then definitely you should consult a gynecologist for a clinical examination and if required, get a sonography, mammography and also some blood tests like prolactin level done. Generall...  Read Full »

Why am I bleeding after one week of consumption of abortion pills?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a 9 months old baby whose birth was by C-section. Now again I think I am pregnant and missed my period for 10 days. I checked with prega news and found 2 light pink lines which I thought to be positive. We do not want to have the second baby now. Then I took abortion pills and ...  Read Full »

Dr. Jimesh H Mavani

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have to take abortion pills according to the government law and government approved places. So, follow their procedures. Do consult your nearby gynecologist. Now, if bleeding is continued after pills, then you have to do sonography to find out whether everything is...  Read Full »

I have spotting with headache and dizziness. Can I be pregnant?

Query: Hi doctor, I have my cycle of normally 42 to 45 days. Last time, it was 55 days. This time on 47th day, I had spotting with headache, back pain, dizziness, low BP, and HR around 110 and BP around 70/100 pregnancy test are negative and it is seven days after we had unprotected sex. My question is, c...  Read Full »

Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to your history, you are a 39 year old lady with a BMI of 28.4, having long cycles of 42 to 55 days. You had unprotected sex activity seven days back (do not know which day of the cycle you had activity) but on the 47th day of the cycle, you got spotting wi...  Read Full »

How to identify an ectopic pregnancy?

Query: Hi doctor, I have attached my report. Can you please have a look and let me know is it a cyst or an ectopic pregnancy?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have checked the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Though the follicles in the left lower side are those of an ovarian follicle, I am afraid it cannot be commented up on accurately with serum beta-hcg (human chorionic gonadotropin) le...  Read Full »

Does dengue cause menstruation-like bleeding?

Query: Hello doctor, My fiancee had a bleeding on the 25th of last month. It lasted for about four to five days. She then got dengue and on the 14th of this month, had mild spotting for a day and a half. The doctor said it could be the dengue causing the spotting. She has not gotten her periods yet. I ha...  Read Full »

Dr. Jimesh H Mavani

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If she had her period on the 25th of last month, then there is no chance that the bleeding on the 14th of this month was due to pregnancy. If it was due to pregnancy, then it should have come around the 25th of this month. But, if you suspect a pregnancy from be...  Read Full »

Is it possible that I got pregnant with only foreplay and no intercourse?

Query: Hello doctor, My periods are a 28-day cycle. I was sexually intimate with a man, 15 days after my menstruation. There was no intercourse, but only foreplay, causing a lot of fluid discharge. I have not got my periods yet. Also, by mistake, I took the Regestrone 5 tablet before dinner instead o...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello. Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your serum beta hCG levels are 2501 mIU/mL, which clearly confirms that you are pregnant. The urine pregnancy test is negative as it is positive only eight days after your missed periods. Regest...  Read Full »