Q. How to confirm the reason for my abortion?

Dr. Bharat Patodiya
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 20, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I had some hormonal imbalance problem. I had my last periods two months back. I became pregnant and took an hCG test. It was 121 and I took viability scan at 7.6 weeks. The heart rate was 92 bpm, which is less compared to one week. So, doctor suggested me to repeat a scan after two weeks. I took a scan yesterday and the report says my fetus heart rate has been stopped and there is no cardiac activity. My CRL size also reduced. I took complete bed rest as per doctor advice. I am taking progesterone, Duphaston, Folinal tablets and an injection twice a week. My LH and AMH values were a little bit high. What could be the reason for this abortion?

#

• Your ovarian reserve appears to be good.
  • Recurrent abortion needs evaluation for the following. Parental karyotype abnormality, uterine abnormalities, antiphospholipid syndrome, immunologic dysfunction, thyroid dysfunction, diabetes mellitus, polycystic ovary syndrome, hyperprolactinemia and thrombophilia.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|