Q. How to confirm the reason for my abortion?

Dr. Bharat Patodiya
Published on Oct 20, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I had some hormonal imbalance problem. I had my last periods two months back. I became pregnant and took an hCG test. It was 121 and I took viability scan at 7.6 weeks. The heart rate was 92 bpm, which is less compared to one week. So, doctor suggested me to repeat a scan after two weeks. I took a scan yesterday and the report says my fetus heart rate has been stopped and there is no cardiac activity. My CRL size also reduced. I took complete bed rest as per doctor advice. I am taking progesterone, Duphaston, Folinal tablets and an injection twice a week. My LH and AMH values were a little bit high. What could be the reason for this abortion?

Dr. Bharat Patodiya

General Medicine Internal Medicine Medical Oncology
#

• Your ovarian reserve appears to be good.
  • Recurrent abortion needs evaluation for the following. Parental karyotype abnormality, uterine abnormalities, antiphospholipid syndrome, immunologic dysfunction, thyroid dysfunction, diabetes mellitus, polycystic ovary syndrome, hyperprolactinemia and thrombophilia.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

Will PCOS delay pregnancy?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 28 years old. My height is 5'4" and weight is 70 kg. We have been trying for pregnancy for a year. My husband's reports were all normal. I am having PCOS, but my periods are very regular. I am on Oxetol 300 mg for partial seizure since one year. I am also taking Metformin 500 mg t...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Having seen your PCOS reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it is suggested that you should opt for controlled ovarian stimulation and intrauterine insemination procedure. It will increase your chance of conception by 20 percent as it would r...  Read Full

Can PCOS cause irregular periods?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 28 year old unmarried woman. Last month my period was irregular. I got my periods on the 30th of last month and it was already 20 days later from the actual due. Initially, I had spotting for five days, then I bled for seven days and again, had spotting for three days. Now, I am bl...  Read Full >>

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please do not worry. Irregular periods are not an alarming thing to worry about. Irregular periods are due to stress and strain anxiety work pressure change of place change in climate low blood count thyroid disorders or uterine or ovarian problems. Please...  Read Full

Diabetes Mellitus and Oral Health

Article Overview: This article emphasizes the impact of diabetes mellitus on oral health problems and its management. Read Article

Diabetes mellitus is a metabolic disorder which affects the uptake and use of glucose by the human body. As a result, the glucose level in the blood rises beyond normal which has an overall impact on the general health and oral cavity. Types Of Diabetes Insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus: It oc...  Read Article