Q. My 9-months-old son has swelling in fingers with watery discharge. Kindly help.

Dr. Zubayeralam

My son's fingers swell with watery discharge. It gets worse. I applied Mometasone thinking it is eczema but it gets worse. Almost all his fingers has this.

#

I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have been suffering from swelling of the finger with watery discharge. According to the picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity) that is provided here, I think your son may suffer from an abscess on the finger. An abscess is a painful collection of pus, usually caused by a bacterial infection.

A small abscess may drain naturally or simply shrink, dry up and disappear. In some cases, incision and drainage may be needed with antibiotics coverage.

You can give capsule Stafloxin 250 mg 1+1+1+1 for 10-14 days.

Continue the above-mentioned medication with a hot compress on the affected area.

Is this oral medicine or a cream? What is 1 +1 + 1 + 1 mean? Is this safe for 9-month-old baby with G6PD deficiency?

#

You have not mentioned earlier about your baby's age. For that, I have given oral intake medication. Sorry for that.

You can give him syrup Suprax (Cefixime) 1/2 (half) teaspoon twice daily for 7-10 days. Appply Clindamycin cream locally on affected area twice daily.

Please follow the above-mentioned medications. Ignore the previous prescription.

| 

Why has tooth abscess not gone away even after taking medicines?

Query: Hello doctor, I went to my dentist a few days back with the discovery of an abscess which was connected to a broken tooth. It then spread to my cheek and got swollen. I am on Amoxicillin and Flagyl for five days. Today is my last day. Unfortunately, the swelling has not entirely decreased, I am sti...  Read Full »

I have fever inspite of having Paracetamol. Why?

Query: Hello doctor,I have a fever for the past five days 101 to 102. I am taking Paracetamol, but still, fever is there. Yesterday platelet was 119000, and today it is 106000.Eosinophils is 0.6.Absolute neutrophils are 930.Absolute Lymphocyte count is 580.Absolute monocyte count is 50. What should I do?  Read Full »

There is no reduction in the frequency of motion in a child after giving pre and probiotics. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, My baby is 2 months old and he is suffering from motions 9 to 10 times a day. I gave him Cefixime six drops and prebiotic and probiotic 1 ml two times a day but there is no improvement. Please give me advice.  Read Full »

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»