iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersGeneral Practitioneracid refluxHow can I control acidity with headache?

I am having acidity with headache. Please advise.

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

Dr. Divya Banu M

Published At March 7, 2019
Reviewed AtDecember 7, 2023

Patient's Query

Hello doctor,

I am having an acidity problem. From the past 10 days, it is being greater due to which I am having a headache from the past 10 days. What should I do to control it and what should be my diet and routine exercise?


Welcome to icliniq.com.

I have read your problem carefully. I need some information that is missing in your query. Your age, job, daily life and dietary habit, acidity increases after or before the meal, more details about the stomach problem, bowel habit. I am trying to give you some suggestion which may help though a lot of information is lacking. You may be suffering from PUD (peptic ulcer disease). Another possibility is IBS (irritable bowel disease). To confirm it, I need detailed information and some investigation also. Now I am suggesting some medication: tablet Sucrafil (Sucralfate)1 g TDS (one hour before the meal). Do not take anything between this time, tablet Tryptomer (Amitriptyline) 10 once daily. Start the above two medications. Take regular food, avoid spicy and oily food, try to maintain a regular lifestyle. If further assistance is needed, feel free to contact with information I needed. Thank you.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Md Kamrul Hasan Sajib
Dr. Md Kamrul Hasan Sajib

Family Physician

Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Ask your health query to a doctor online

General Practitioner

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy