Q. My dad has a bitter taste in the mouth every morning. What is causing it?

My father is 54 years old. He had a gallbladder surgery for gallstone removal 14 years ago. He takes medicines for BP and for hypothyroidism. His SGPT is 56, SGOT is 46 and ALP is 278. Earlier, for triglycerides, he used to take Fenofibrate. His HDL and LDL were not very high, rather in the marginal high range or even normal. He complaints of a bitter taste in the mouth every morning after waking up. That taste goes away after some time. Our family doctor prescribed him Udimarin forte tablets and now Liv 52 DS tablets and Sorbiline syrup. Is there anything to worry? He also had a deficiency of vitamin D.

#

I went through your post.

• I would suggest a course of PPI (proton pump inhibitors) with Levosulpride like capsule Sampraz L (a combination of Esomeprazole and Levosulpiride) before breakfast for two weeks. Generally, the symptoms should improve after 72 hours.
  • An infection anywhere in the body will also result in taste disturbances and that need to be ruled out.

For more information consult a general medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/general-medicine-physician

|