Q. How to resolve the pimples on my mid back area persisting for more than two weeks?

Dr. Shanza Ikram
Published on Dec 07, 2018

I find pimples like area on my mid back for more than two weeks. Old ones fade and new ones keep coming. It is not present in any other part of my body. It is just spread in that particular region. What could it be?

Dr. Shanza Ikram

Dermatology
#

I have gone through your case. There are many types of acne. Some people develop pimples on back. In my opinion, take capsule Doxycycline 100 mg once daily for two weeks. Apply Clindamycin lotion two times a day. Do not apply any oil or any home remedy. Vitamin E capsule is fine.

Please find the photo. Can I use Zynovate which I have in hand now?

Dr. Shanza Ikram

Dermatology
#

No, do not use it. This is the steroid and it may be the cause of your pimples and acne-like lesion. Steroid improves it initially, and most patients think it is effective but finally, it produces a worse form of lesions. Use Clindamycin lotion or Fucidin acid cream whichever you get it.

Which acne cream is causing dry, flaky skin around eyes and burns on cheek?

Query: Hi doctor,Recently I have been prescribed Tretinoin 0.25 cream and Benzaclin gel for my mild acne but ever since I started I have been getting dry and flaky skin around my eyes and mouth and burns on my cheek. Which cream is causing this? And how do I continue using them, if so?  Read Full »

Acne vulgaris, a Social Problem.

Article Overview: This article discusses the social problems encountered by teens as well as adults due to acne. Read Article

Dr. Kakkar

Acne is the most common skin problem encountered in the teenagers and also in adults. Acne is not a disease by itself, but being chronic in nature, it can have a significant impact in shaping the overall personality of a person. People with acne are often found to have low self-esteem which restrict...  Read Article

Can I give Oxidon plus instead of Ocugold for my mother who is suffering from AMD?

Query: Hi doctor, My mother is suffering from AMD. The doctor has recommended Ocugold tablet one per day. But, due to a shortage of this medicine, I am not able to get it. Can I give her Oxidon plus instead of Ocugold? Please help.  Read Full »