Q. Without medicine or gel, how to get a permanent solution for acne?

Dr. Rashmi Singh
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 11, 2018 and last reviewed on: Sep 10, 2020

I am a 23 year old male. My problem is acne. I am getting red whitehead with pus. I was taking Isotretinoin 20 mg for 1.6 years. When I was on Isotretinoin, I did not get even a single acne. After two weeks of stopping Isotretinoin, I had a sudden breakout. My skin is very oily, and I do not apply any moisturizer or any makeup. I am using Neutrogena face wash and taking healthy diet. I do not eat any junk food too. I am also applying Zinderm BPO gel for acne. I want a permanent solution for my acne without medicine or gel. Please help me.

#

• First of all, if you have an acne prone skin, then it is impossible to have a clear skin without any topical and oral intervention. Since you have taken more than a year of Isotretinoin 20 mg daily, I would not advise repeating that at the moment.
  • I suggest you Doxy 100 mg (Doxycycline) twice a day and tablet Zitcare (Zinc) 200 mg once a day for 15 days and if you do not have any gastric issues with that, then 200 mg twice a day post that.
  • Apart from that apply Tretinoin gel 0.04% at night in a very thin film, and Dapsone gel under sunscreen in the morning to prevent further pimples.
  • You can also consult a dermatologist for salicylic peels which will bring down the intensity of acne.
  • Avoid milk-based products for a while, and decrease sugar intake. Let us know in one month about the improvement you can see.

Revert after a month to a cosmetologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cosmetologist

I had CO2 fractional laser before. I had 10 sitting for my open pores, which is on the cheeks and nose, but there is no improvement. Does salicylic acid peel work for acne? How many sitting can I take? What should be the interval of each sitting? My tongue is white, patchy and the lateral border is black. I do not have the exact reason for this. Does it due to the medicine? Which medicine will be more effective for acne?

#

• Salicylic peels help in better exfoliation in order to decrease the onset of new acne. One peel in every three weeks for at least five to six sessions is a must.
  • Can you please attach a picture of your tongue so that we can determine the cause of it? How long have you taken Zathrin (Azithromycin)?
  • Any Zinc 100 mg tablets available can help acne with minimal side effects.

Revert with photos to a cosmetologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cosmetologist

|