Q. What can be the reason for the loss of subcutaneous fat?

Answered by Dr. Atul Sardar Narayankar and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Acquired Lipodystrophy or Lipid Profile? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I am losing subcutaneous fat from the thighs, legs, hands, palms, foot soles, face, chest, etc. I also have some swollen nodes. I am not diabetic, my fasting blood sugar is between 100 to 107 mg/dL and postprandial is between 110 to 120 mg/dL. But, when I start losing fat, then the fasting blood sugar becomes 133 mg/dL and postprandial becomes 154 mg/dL. After taking Surbex Gold tablet, it came back to 110 and 139 mg/dL. What may be the reason for the loss of subcutaneous fat?