Q. How can weight be increased in a 23-year-old male?

Dr. Mukherjee, Koushik

I am 23 years old male and I am a student. My height is 166 cm and weight 49 kg. Over the past five years, my weight has not increased. I feel very weak and lean. Now, what should I do?

#

Take more carbohydrate-rich food to gain weight. You can eat more rice to increase your weight. Some diseases can cause hypermetabolic state like hyperthyroidism. So, get a thyroid status done. Also, anxiety and tension about being fatty sometimes restrain you from taking enough calories to gain weight. According to your weight, to increase the weight you must take 1800 calories per day and if your activities are more, then perhaps you have to take more. Take more and more carbohydrate-rich food and take two eggs per day including egg yellow.

For more information consult a general practitioner online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-practitioner

|