Q. I have this on my penis and inner thigh. What is it?

This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 23, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jun 08, 2020

I have these on my penis, ears and inner thigh. I have had them for over 10 years and they did not get red or inflamed. Also, you cannot pick them off. I am married and it did not get spread to my wife. What is it?

#

Can you please upload a picture? So that, I can review it.

They may be simple skin tags, but it is hard to tell without a picture.

Please also share if you have any history of STD (sexually transmitted disease) in the past and if you were tested for any recently.

Revert back with the photos to an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

I do not have any history of STDs. I have them for ten years or longer and I was just curious as what they are. They do not hurt or itch or anything. Also, my wife does not have anything like this. I have attached a picture for your reference.

#

My best diagnosis without biopsy would be acrochordon (attachment removed to protect patient identity). They are small, soft, pedunculated (with a small stalk) benign lesions that are mostly found in around the neck, groin, axilla or any other area with a skin fold.

They can very easily be removed. Usually the indications are irritation, infection, cosmetic purposes or large size.

You can see any dermatologist and they can also cauterize (laser) them or do cryotherapy (freezing therapy).

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|