Q. Could Chloropyramine and Levocetirizine help to cure these itching attacks?

Dr. Jebin Abraham

I have itching attacks and Chloropyramine helped me a lot. I tried using Levocetirizine 5 mg but it failed to work for some hours. Some studies suggest that using a double dose can fix the issue. Do I need to take two pills of it every day one in the morning and one in the evening? Or can I try using another antihistamine?

#

You can try using Desloratadine 5 mg once daily and it is more effective in urticaria. It is usually less sedative when compared to Chloropyramine.

Chloropyramine provides a short term relief and Desloratdatine has a half-life of twenty to thirty hours. I am afraid of taking it as it can result in failure due to some other reasons. I will not able to take Chloropyramine for a day without mixing it. Please advise.

#

Do not worry. In such cases, you can take Choropyramine with an extra dose. Hopefully, it will not be necessary.

What is the topical ointment or remedy to be used along with antihistamines to manage urticaria? I tried using a boiled birch tree leaves which are soothing and make the skin less red. But their effect is short term. I also tried using Cortisone cream and I stopped working with it at some point.

#

Topical treatments are unsatisfactory in your case and it provides only temporary relief. I suggest you use Calamine lotion (Zinc oxide and other components) and do not use steroid creams. Traditional herbal medicines can be tried. You can try to find the cause of urticaria with the help of an allergist and this helps to reduce the disease.

I will do it.

#

You are welcome.

|