Q. If I do not use a nose spray, my nose is always congested. What to do?

Dr. Prathap

From the past 3 or 4 years, my nose has been reliant on nose sprays. I wake up, and I am congested. I go through my day, and I am congested. My sinuses feel like they swell up. I do not have a runny nose. It is just swelling. I do not believe it is allergies because I would take Benadryl every night and no improvement is seen. The only way I can relieve this problem is with nose spray. I am tired of this, and I just want answers. I am 18 years old.

#

• Chronic usage of decongestants leads to a condition called as rhinitis medicamentosa. This will cause an increase in symptoms, in spite of treatment.
  • Gradually taper and stop the decongestants therapy, as it will be harmful you further. Continue with tablet Dazit (Desloratadine) 5 mg, as needed to relieve allergy.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|