Q. Can anger issues, fear of abandonment, suicidal or impulsive tendencies be due to BPD?

Dr. Saurav Kumar

I am wondering if I have BPD as I do have all the symptoms (with anger issues, fear of abandonment, suicidal or impulsive tendencies, and idealization the most prominent) as well as have passed multiple credible psychological tests. I am currently not on any medication and no formal investigations or diagnosis has been done. It seems to be getting worse lately, as with my recent break-up. However, even back when we were together, I was told that I act like someone who is borderline, and it has become a major issue and reason for our break-up.

#

I can only say that if a psychiatrist has labeled you as a borderline then only you should worry about being one. I would advise you to stop being judgmental about yourself and stop being bothered about how the world judges you. From the description which you have provided, I can say that you are having adjustment disorder and nothing else. So stop worrying, psychotherapy would help you a lot and you will have to be more descriptive about how you feel now so that I can help you. You can consult a psychiatrist also if you want.

|