Q. Is it possible to get pregnant with non-penetrative sex?

This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 12, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 05, 2020

Three months ago, I had intimate contact with a boy and I was dry humping him on top. I felt his penis inside me, but I stopped immediately. Our clothes were on the entire time. I got my period in that month and the next. But, I am late for this month by 13 days. I have taken multiple blood tests and stick pregnancy tests and they are all negative. However, I just took one yesterday, and after three hours, there was a faint blue line which I do not know is false positive or real pregnancy. I have never had sex and I do not know if what I did can cause pregnancy. I am really nervous and am extremely anxious. Please help.

#

I went through your post.

• You had sex, although non-penetrative three months ago, followed by two periods. So, the possibility of pregnancy due to this encounter is nil, which means that you cannot be pregnant because of that episode.
  • The pregnancy kit test is to be observed up to a maximum of 15 minutes. After that, the chances of false positive results are very high and you should not worry about that.
  • If you have not had sex after this incident, there is no possibility of you being pregnant. So, relax. 

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

Thank your doctor,

I just took a test again and it was completely negative for 10 minutes. I have not done anything with a boy since the episode I mentioned about and do not plan on it. Why is my period so late though? 13 days seems a bit too much.

#

• Getting delayed periods is not always abnormal. It can happen if a person has low hemoglobin, anxiety, stress, or a high TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) level.
  • If a person has irregular periods, then a delay in periods or an early period is normal.
  • You do not need to worry about the delayed periods.

For further queries consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

| 
1 out of 1 likes