Q. Is it possible to get pregnant with non-penetrative sex?

Published on Jul 12, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

Three months ago, I had intimate contact with a boy and I was dry humping him on top. I felt his penis inside me, but I stopped immediately. Our clothes were on the entire time. I got my period in that month and the next. But, I am late for this month by 13 days. I have taken multiple blood tests and stick pregnancy tests and they are all negative. However, I just took one yesterday, and after three hours, there was a faint blue line which I do not know is false positive or real pregnancy. I have never had sex and I do not know if what I did can cause pregnancy. I am really nervous and am extremely anxious. Please help.

General Medicine Internal Medicine Rheumatology
#

I went through your post.

• You had sex, although non-penetrative three months ago, followed by two periods. So, the possibility of pregnancy due to this encounter is nil, which means that you cannot be pregnant because of that episode.
  • The pregnancy kit test is to be observed up to a maximum of 15 minutes. After that, the chances of false positive results are very high and you should not worry about that.
  • If you have not had sex after this incident, there is no possibility of you being pregnant. So, relax. 

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

Thank your doctor,

I just took a test again and it was completely negative for 10 minutes. I have not done anything with a boy since the episode I mentioned about and do not plan on it. Why is my period so late though? 13 days seems a bit too much.

#

• Getting delayed periods is not always abnormal. It can happen if a person has low hemoglobin, anxiety, stress, or a high TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) level.
  • If a person has irregular periods, then a delay in periods or an early period is normal.
  • You do not need to worry about the delayed periods.

For further queries consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

Could delayed periods be a sign of early onset of menopause?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 53 year old female. My periods have been delayed for two weeks. Till now they are normally regular. Could it be the early onset of menopause or they will eventually come?  Read Full »

I like to masturbate, but not sex. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 31 years old. I have been married for 3.5 years now. I hardly feel to have sex with my wife. Sometimes, the gap will be more than a month. I masturbate almost on a daily basis and sometimes, twice or thrice in a day after watching porn. I am somehow addicted to it and not able to st...  Read Full »

Please suggest a medicine, which can cure erection problems and low libido.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 33 year old male, who has schizophrenia and depression from the last 12 years. My current problem is low libido and erection-related issues. I do not wish to take any medicine like Viagra or other similar medicines. Please suggest a medicine which can cure my problem. I also need...  Read Full »