Albuminuria

Is it normal to have foamy urine?

Query: Hello doctor, My urine is foamy. I am confused whether everyone will get bubble and foamy urine while urinating. Please explain me.  Read Full »

Dr. Krishna Somani

Nephrologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I appreciate your vigilance. Mild frothing of urine is usual, but excess of frothing denotes protein leakage in urine. What is your age? Do you notice any swelling of your feet and face? Do you have any other medical problem? To be sure get a urine routine microscopy...  Read Full »

Does protein leak from the larger filter of kidney in nephrotic syndrome?

Query: Hi doctor, I heard that in nephrotic syndrome the filtering unit of kidney becomes larger and so protein comes in urine. I am a patient of cortisone dependent nephrotic syndrome over 15 years. Doctor says that about 95 percent of children will get cured at the age of 18. I am 17 years old now. When...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, you have heard the things right. Due to increased pore there is protein in urine. The best treatment remains the Cortisone. In cases where there is no response to Cortisone as evidenced by persistence of albumin in urine, we need to shift those patients on Cyclopho...  Read Full »

Should I worry for albumin in urine?

Query: Hi doctor, There is no specific complaint, but albumin is noticed in urine. Is it something to worry? I am currently on Liv 52.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are here to help you. Yes, there is reason to worry. However, I would like to know the following information. What is your blood pressure? Do you have a history of diabetes or high blood pressure? Why was the test performed? Did you notice any symptoms? Kindly attach...  Read Full »

My son occasionally complains of burning sensation during urination. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor,My son is 5 years old. He occasionally complains of burning sensation in urine. Before five months, he complained of burning sensation, and we did a urine test which showed pus cells 2 to 3 and albumin haziness. The doctor said that as fine and just advise to give more fluids. We did two m...  Read Full »

Dr. Salah Saad Shoman

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concerns. First, the puffiness in the morning could be familial if you and his father had the same feature or it could be a sign of edema. To know if he has edema, press your finger against the lower part of his leg. If the indentation fades quickly, the...  Read Full »

My husband had five episodes of hypoglycemia in a single day. What could be causing all these?

Query: Hi doctor, My husband has type 1 diabetes. He has had no Insulin today but has had five hypos today, and his sugar levels are dropping again. He had his regular food all day, drank juice and cans of coke. He has not done anything different to any other day and also has not been stressed either. He t...  Read Full »

Dr. Swaraj S W

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. How long has he had diabetes? When you say hypo, what were his sugars? What is the dose of insulin that he is taking? Revert with the details to an endocrinologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/endocrinologist  Read Full »