Q. My uric acid levels and albumin levels are high. Are my kidneys damaged?

Answered by Dr. Shahil Khant and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Diabetic Nephropathy or Exercises? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I am a 44-year-old male with a BMI of 26. During a recent health checkup of blood and urine, the following readings were observed. I have mentioned only the ones who have the higher readings. Protein 1+ detected in dipstick, serum uric acid at 9.2 mg/dL, MPV at 12.5 fL, FBS at 112 mg/dL, HbA1c at 5.5, cholesterol at 227 mg/dL, triglycerides at 181 mg/dL, VLDL is at 36.2 mg/dL, ALT/SGPT at 48 U/L. Serum creatinine at 1.23, increased from 0.99 tested six months back. Other than this, all others were normal. I also have been infected with hepatitis B twice and vaccinated for hepatitis B. I have been a diabetic for more than two years. The HbA1c vary between 5.5 and 6.5. The first one was done two years ago. I also have hypertension for more than five years. It is not very much under control. It varies from 135/80 to 150/100 and now it has reduced a bit to 140/90. I met my general physician who advised me to check my albumin to creatinine ratio. I tested it four times. The results are as follows:  55 ug/mg, 150 mg/g, 11.4 ug/mg, 37.5 mg/g. My ultrasonogram revealed fatty liver and cystitis. All the rest is fine. My ECG was fine. I have been advised to have a urine culture. My current medications are Telma-AM 40, Dynaglipt, Ecosprin AV 75, Levofloxacin, and CTD 12.5 mg. I am not able to understand why my albumin levels are so high and I would like to know how and when can they be rectified. I have attached reports for your further reference.