Q. Can you suggest me ways to quit or reduce alcohol consumption?

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

I feel empty. I do not have any significant issues in life. I am sixteen years old and struggling to finish my studies. I do not want to be a burden to my friends and family. Around three months back, I got in touch with this guy who introduced me to drinking and smoking habits. Now I feel I cannot live without these, especially alcohol. It makes me feel good. I know it is wrong, but that is the only thing that gives me pleasure. I am drinking a lot. I can finish up to five drinks in a go. I know this doesn't seem right, so I am seeking your help. Please suggest ideas to quit or reduce this habit. My stomach does not hurt, but I feel guilty for putting down my family. I want to stop these habits.

Please help me, doctor.

#

You may have alcohol use disorder. It is challenging to manage alcohol withdrawal without medications as you are used to high alcohol intake. You need to start medications immediately.

Thanks and regards.

|