Q. Will having allergy to Fraxinud make one allergic to olive trees too?

Published on Jul 16, 2019

Would you please explain if this means I have allergy from olive trees (trees that produces olives), if I have allergies from (ash- fraxinud excel) or are they different?

Allergy Specialist Otolaryngology (E.N.T)
#

Fraxinus excel is the common ash plant. It belongs to the olive family. Plants in same family have shared antigens. If you are sensitive to one plant in the family, you are likely to be sensitive to others also. Hence, the result means that you are sensitive to olive as well in addition to fraxinus excel plant.

Being sensitive does not mean you are allergic. Sensitivity does not always result in allergy. Sensitivity means you have circulating antibodies against that particular allergen. However, it may or may not result in allergy to that particular antigen. Only when you are exposed to it in a particular format and quantity, you will develop allergy to it. Skin prick test only measures sensitivity to specific allergens.

We need to infer the results based on your symptoms. What do you suffer from? Was the test done to check for aeroallergens or food allergens? The two are different with different symptoms. Kindly elaborate your problems to us.

| 

What is meant by non-specific inflammatory lesion?

Query: Hi doctor, I had excision biopsy for a lump in the left leg. The result shows the features of non-specific inflammatory lesion. What does it mean?  Read Full »

Ask an Allergy Specialist Now