Q. Can seasonal variations cause asthma?

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

My mother was diagnosed with asthma nine years ago and used inhalers that the doctor prescribed. The doctors suggested that it might be due to climatic conditions, as she got an asthma attack during winters. This same pattern of asthma attacks repeated for the next five years. My mother had no episodes of asthma attacks for the next four years. We shifted to a new place one month ago, and my mother again had an asthma attack. Many flower-bearing plants surround our new house, and when we consulted the doctor, he said that she might be allergic to pollen which had triggered the attack. Is it possible that the initial and the recent attack is due to different reasons? Has my mother been allergic to pollens the entire time?

#

I can understand your concern. If she has a pollen allergy, repeated attacks are expected. So, if possible, get allergy tests done to identify the allergens causing the symptoms in her case. Hope I have solved your query. I will be happy to help you further. Wishing good health to your mother.

Thanks.

|