Q. My 5-year-old son has allergic cough with occasional sneezing. Please suggest treatment.

Dr. Payas Joshi

My boy is 5 years and 8 months old. He is having allergic sneezing, on and off cold from the past eight months (my wife has a regular allergic sneezing regularly). He is good, but since three days he is having occasional cough and sneezing occasionally (especially in the morning). I have been consulting a pediatrician regularly but cold is always keeps coming back. So, we have been using homeopathy medicine for him for the past two months. The problem cold and cough has not gone, it is less. But now, since there is a lockdown everywhere and he is coughing, I am just worried. Kindly suggest allopathic treatment for my son.

Dr. Payas Joshi

Child Health Paediatrics
#

It looks like allergic rhinitis. You should give an anti-allergic syrup. I hope that there is no fever.

| 

There is no fever. He is active and normal.

Dr. Payas Joshi

Child Health Paediatrics
#

This looks like an allergic condition. Start Levocetirizine 5 mg once a day. Start it from tomorrow syrup or tablet whatever you get. Give steam inhalations for symptomatic relief. Let us start with this and see the response in two days. I will upgrade the treatment if it does not improve in two days. Enabling a free follow up.

| 

What can we use for cough? Can you also suggest that also?

Dr. Payas Joshi

Child Health Paediatrics
#

If the cough is quite distressing you can give syrup Zedex 2.5 ml twice a day. But if it is mild just use mild syrups like Honitus. If it is occasional, just Levocetirizine and steam would do. And just to remind you, Do not panic from Covid-19. Use all the precautions against it and stay at home unless it is very important.

| 

Kindly suggest ayurvedic medicine for cough.

Query: Hello doctor, Since four days, I am having severe cough. What should I do? Please guide.  Read Full »

My son vomits while coughing. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, My 3 year old son is suffering from cold and has regular cough. His temperature is normal and he did not have fever. But at times, he is throwing up whatever he eat or drink while coughing. Please suggest any medication and test if required. Thank you.  Read Full »

What causes frequent sneezing, wheezing and cough during cold climate?

Query: Hi doctor, I have frequent sneezing during cold climate. I have wheezing and cough. I used several medicines for seven years. I have no problem with the heart, and I do not have asthma.  Read Full »