Q. What medication should I take for my eye infection?

Dr. Shachi Dwivedi

I have had an eye infection for the last 48 hours. My left eyelid over my eye has been swollen, watery, red, and is constantly tearing. I am not sure whether it is an insect that bit me near my left eye or a minor foreign object that went into my left eye or exchanging pillows with my wife. I feel some discomfort but no significant pain. The constant tears in my left eye are obscuring my vision. I rolled my eye around and did not feel a foreign object. I have taken Visine-A eye drops with antihistamines and Benadryl 25 mg oral tablets, but no significant improvement.

What should I do now?

Kindly help.

#

This is allergic conjunctivitis. I suggest you continue with the antihistamine tablet for five days and start eye drop Moxifloxacin with Ketorolac thrice daily, Bepotastine eye drop twice daily, and eye ointment containing Chloramphenicol and Polymyxin B at bedtime for two weeks.

Thank you for your response.

Is it possible to get these symptoms by scratching my cornea with a small foreign object like sawdust? I do not feel any pain but have slight discomfort and constant tears from my eye ducts.

Kindly help.

#

If there is a minor corneal abrasion, you would be having severe discomfort. And also, the congestion would have been circumcorneal and not peripheral, as seen in your case. So do not worry.

Take care.

|