Q. Kindly guide me to find the reason for my allergy.

Dr. Rahul Ramakrishnan
and medically reviewed by Nithila A
Published on Sep 26, 2019

I am an allergic patient from last few years, every alternate day I use to take Cetirizine pil, if I fail to take the same I feel breathing shortness, headache, itching, irritation, smooth, cold, swelling on face and head, and final up to fever. Once I reach to fever label, then Cetirizine does not work then I will have to approach a doctor for antibiotics.

After taking Cetirizine pil, I feel sleepy and lazy, and even I measured low BP. I have consulted with many doctors, but everyone says to identify the reason (food) when you feel allergic. But I am failed to identify the same in the last few years. Tired with medicine and health to looking for permanent solutions. Need your guidance.

Dr. Rahul Ramakrishnan

Preventive Medicine
#

According to the information given by you, it looks like an allergic reaction to some item. What your doctor said was right you need to find the food item causing this reaction. Mostly foods like mustard, crab, seafood, can cause this. You can also consult an allergy specialist and undergo an allergy test. Fever is a sign that your body is fighting against something in your body in allergy antibiotic will not work. A routine blood test will also require to be done. There are many newer drugs for allergy other than Cetirizine.

Is Pantoprazole allergy something to be concerned about?

Query: Hello doctor, I had indigestion problems last month and I was given a Pan 40 injection in a 24/7 hospital in my locality. The moment I was given the injection, my body developed rashes, redness, and itching. My doctor immediately gave Avil injection after which rashes and redness subsided. Two days...  Read Full »

Have allergy problems. I always have runny nose or sore throat or excessive sneezing and coughing and cannot breathe normally.

Query: Hello, I have been having allergy problems for many years. I cannot breathe from my nose even if it is not blocked because I feel like I get less oxygen from my nose. I also have asthma and as the seasons change my allergies react. I always have running nose or sore throat or excessive sneezing and ...  Read Full »

My allergy does not subside with 10 mg Cetirizine. Should I take 20 mg?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been taking 10 mg Singulair and 10 mg Cetirizine for five years for allergies, asthma, and Lyme. I just got two more kittens, and the medicines do not work anymore. I am miserable and desperate. I asked my doctor to give me 20 mg of Cetirizine and something else because I think ...  Read Full »

Ask an Allergy Specialist Now