Q. Can oral sex result in STD?

Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 23, 2016 and last reviewed on: May 12, 2020

Four days ago, I had oral sex with a lady, who I already know. Though no intercourse happened, I am worried about STDs. Please suggest if I have to undergo any test. I am very tensed for this and I want to clear my mind. I do not have any problem except stress. Also, please explain where should I get the test done.

#

Oral sex does not cause HIV (human immunodeficiency virus) to the recipient.

It may cause genital herpes, gonorrhea, chlamydia, syphilis and warts if these infections are present in the partner.

Your doctor may advise you to get HSV 1 and 2 (herpes simplex virus) and VDRL (venereal disease research laboratory) tests to detect sexually transmitted disease.

Urine test for gonorrhea is done only if there is any burning or pain while micturition.

These tests are usually free in government hospitals and private laboratory can also perform these tests.

For further doubts consult a HIV AIDS specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/HIV-AIDS-specialist

|