Q. Can spotting after 10 days of taking emergency contraceptive mean pregnancy?

Dr. Usha Mohan

I had unprotected sex on the last day of my period. Three days later I took unwanted 72. 10 days after taking the emergency contraceptive I experienced spotting accompanied with mild stomach pain and sore breast. Could I be pregnant?

#

welcome to icliniq.com.

If you have had sex on the last day of your period, your chances of getting pregnant are slim. When you say you took unwanted 72 after three days, did you take it within 72 hours of having sex? If you have then it is unlikely you are pregnant. The spotting you had after 10 days could be the withdrawal to the pill. Breast soreness too is because of the pill as it is very high in hormones. It should only be used in emergencies not as a routine contraceptive. Effects can change. It has a failure rate of 0 % to 2 %. So if you do not get your next period in two weeks, do a pregnancy test.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|