Q. I have two positive ANA markers, and I am experiencing various symptoms. What to do?

Dr. Rajiv Ranjan Kumar
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 13, 2020 and last reviewed on: Apr 26, 2021

I have two positive ANA markers. They are speckled and nucleolar. I had a high white blood count for a year in the bone marrow aspiration. It showed normal anemia. I have chronic body pain all over my body. It seems to be deep and constant on my thighs and upper arms. I have ulcers on my scalp and it takes weeks to get healed. It heals slowly and I develop white small lumps under the scars. My toes and fingers get extremely cold and it turns yellowish with tingling. Sometimes, I have it only on my right side. I suffer from anxiety and depression. I have arthritis in my lower back and hips. I have chronic diarrhea, bloating, and an upset stomach. I have severe allergies. I am extremely fatigued. I have issues while sleeping. My face gets hot easily and often. At times, I have a tingling sensation in my tongue and lips. My pain and fatigue get increased and it affects my daily activities. I have undergone MRI and a vast number of blood works.

#

Positive ANA (anti-nuclear antibody) does not indicate an autoimmune disease. Body pain or muscle pain can occur due to fibromyalgia. You need evaluation for the ulcers developed over the scalp. You can consult a dermatologist to know the cause. You can consult a rheumatologist for having detailed evaluation and examination as many of your symptoms are not related to any particular autoimmune disease. It is difficult to ascertain from symptoms alone.

|