Q. What is the reason for anal bleeding?

Dr. Radhakrishnan Nair B
Published on Jun 13, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am very much worried about my girlfriend, who is 31 years old now. She tends to bleed when she urinates and also when she goes for toilet. She is having this bleeding problem for about two to three years, usually on and off. Previously, she did not have a good diet, usually eats only one meal a day and it consists of fast food. She does not drink water or eat fruits as well. The bleeding can happen up to once a week or daily, if serious. Recently, we moved in together and I am trying to improve her diet. Now, she eats at least two to three proper meals a day consisting of nourishing soup, vegetables and meat. According to her, she bled only twice in the last three months. However, today, she told me she is bleeding again after pooping and it was quite a lot. I am quite worried and hence decided to ask your help. She also told me that she did go to a specialist before and the specialist told her that there was a wound, probably due to constipation in the past. Also, she prescribed a cream and asked her to visit back after a month. She did apply and got it better, but unfortunately it was too expensive for her to go back to see the specialist. Can you tell me what is the reason for bleeding, as the wound should have healed since it has been a few years? Is this a totally new illness aside from the wound? Thank you.

Dr. Radhakrishnan Nair B

Obstetrics And Gynaecology Sexology
#

• As she is constipated every time she goes to the toilet it stretches the analysis area and can cause tears and bleed. Even the piles can also bleed.
  • Now coming to the blood in urine, it must be from an infection. To confirm urinary bleeding, her urine has to be tested. A gynecologist checkup will help in diagnosing both bleeding.
  • If any causes, then it can be corrected and a permanent cure will happen. Or else, she will be bleeding continuously and end up with more problems.
  • So, I strongly recommend you to take her to a gynecologist for a checkup and proceed as per her direction after proper physical evaluation.
  • Some home remedies are drink plenty of water, eat lots of fiber containing foods like green leafy vegetables, banana, etc., and stop taking fast foods or carbonated drinks.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

Does constipation cause burning sensation in anus?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a burning sensation in anus after bowel movements for past one week. There is no blood discharge and poop was soft. I avoid eating spicy foods. The burning sensation lasts for hours.  Read Full >>

Dr. Akant Kaushal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The most common cause of burning sensation in anus following stools will be the consumption of spicy food. Another cause can be constipation, which can cause fissures around the anus. If this is the condition, apply Diltiazem gel 2 % three to four times a day for se...  Read Full

28 days after a piles surgery, I am bleeding through the stools. What can I do?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a patient of piles. 28 days ago, I had a surgery. Now, there is a slight bleeding through the stool. What can I do? Please tell me.  Read Full >>

Dr. Ajit Kumar Varma
General Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Minimal bleeding after recent piles operation is not very uncommon. It is very important to keep your stools soft. Please take good amounts of fruits, vegetables, and fluids to keep the motion soft. If required, you may take medication also as per the doctor's advise. ...  Read Full

How can anal fissure be treated?

Query: Hello doctor,Six months ago, I faced anal fissure problem, which resolved through diet and medicine. One month ago due to constipation, bleeding started during the passing of stool. Now one inner hemorrhoid has protruded about 0.3 inches in size in the anal area. This creates pain for six hours afte...  Read Full >>

Dr. Datta Ram Udayagiri
Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You must be having a recurrent anal fissure (fissure-in-ano). You need to see a surgeon so that you are not missing anything else.For fissures, the following remedies work wonders: Sitz bath thrice a day for 15 minutes each time. Sitz bath means you should sit in...  Read Full