Q. Are recurrent anal fissures dangerous?

Dr. Anshuman Srivastava
Published on Sep 23, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I have recurrent anal fissures. When I consulted a doctor, he said the blood loss is very less. But, another doctor advised me to check for CBC. Is this a serious issue?

Dr. Anshuman Srivastava

#

• Even if the blood loss is less, it can lead to the development of anemia. Hence, CBC is essential (complete blood count).
  • If you have anemia, then you will require iron therapy for that.
  • To prevent fissure, you need to have a soft diet with lots of salad and roughage so that stools will not be hard. Also, take a good amount of fluids.
  • Take medicines advised by your doctor and do sitz bath regularly.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

| 

What to do for bleeding piles?

Query: Hi doctor, I had my kidney transplant two months ago. Now, I am suffering from piles. Can you suggest me some medicine?  Read Full »

How to identify the reason for palpitations?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from heart palpitations. Also, I have occasional breathlessness. For a while, I used Propranolol. But, it did not work. So, the doctor asked me to do a thyroid test and the result was normal. I do not know what to do. Please help  Read Full »

Why do I get the feeling of emptying my bowel whenever I go out?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 25 years old. My weight is 63 kg. I have masturbation habit for 6 years. My stomach gets bloated and there is gas formation. I also have tiredness and diarrhea. I have to apply pressure for passing urine and stools. I get the feeling of emptying my bowel whenever I got to go out ...  Read Full »