Q. Are recurrent anal fissures dangerous?

Dr. Anshuman Srivastava
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 23, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I have recurrent anal fissures. When I consulted a doctor, he said the blood loss is very less. But, another doctor advised me to check for CBC. Is this a serious issue?

#

• Even if the blood loss is less, it can lead to the development of anemia. Hence, CBC is essential (complete blood count).
  • If you have anemia, then you will require iron therapy for that.
  • To prevent fissure, you need to have a soft diet with lots of salad and roughage so that stools will not be hard. Also, take a good amount of fluids.
  • Take medicines advised by your doctor and do sitz bath regularly.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|