Q. How to stop hair thinning at the initial stage?

Dr. Deepti Shukla

I am a 17-year-old male. My hair is thinning on the front, and with exposure to sun or light it can be seen clearly. I have been experiencing this since last year and I have not been using any products or straighteners of any sort. At first, I thought it was just my hair type but it started to decrease with time.

#

Do not worry. I will help you with your concern.

I went through your history and photo (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it suggests you have androgenetic alopecia also known as male pattern baldness.

Androgenetic alopecia (AGA) is a common cause of baldness in men. It is commonly seen in the middle age group men but can start at any age. AGA occurs due to underlying genetic and hormonal components. As AGA is a progressive condition and without treatment gradual hair thinning will continue. So we need to start you on treatment.

Take any good biotin based hair multivitamins for hair available in your country. I will suggest a few brands to see if you can get it. Take Hair revive or Trichospire these are really good multivitamins for hair. Use Tugain lotion (Minoxidil + Finasteride), apply 1 ml of this lotion daily at night in the front and top of the scalp.

This treatment will be for a long term. Gradually thinning will stop and hair regrowth will occur but slowly. When you start applying Tugain lotion, you will notice increased hair fall for a few days as Minoxidil sheds damaged hair and make a place for thick healthy hair. So do not stop applying the lotion.

|