Q. Can you verify if my child is receiving the correct treatment for monkey bite?

Answered by Dr. Ashaq Hussain Parrey and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Animal Bite or Anti-rabies Vaccine? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

A child, 2 years and six months old, was given the first two doses of Rabipur (anti-rabies vaccine) on the scheduled date, that is the zero and third day of the monkey bite. However, due to lack of knowledge, both the times, it was given in the gluteal region. The third dose was given on the deltoid area, and the fourth dose is due in three days. Kindly advice what is to be done further.